www.flickr.com

Monday 21 March 2011

Journal Writing Experience


Journal Writing Experience
This is going to be a good day to write about:
I am going down to Cambridgeshire to do a Dance audition for a Dance Captain Job in the South of France for Siblu Entertainment.
I am very excited about this audition as it is going to be different from the others I have attended due to that they have asked to see a 2minute solo and each candidate has to show teaching skills.
I am a little nervous about this audition as it’s so different to what I am used to.
I turned up to Peterborough Train station where the hotel of the audition was opposite, by this point my stomach was turning.
We were welcomed very well by a few members of Siblu and went into a huge room to warm up and get ready. There were a lot more people there than I expected.
We had a Jazz class and a lyrical class, these classes were very technical and the routines were challenging but good. I found that I got myself right to the front of the room and picked up the choreography very quickly, as I learn from watching practical and find I can pick up quickly.
We then had a Performance/showgirl routine in heels and unfortunately we needed to change the lines round so everyone had a fair opportunity of being at the front. I did manage to pick the routine up but it was a lot harder for me to do the movement without seeing how the choreographer wanted the movements performed and from description.
After this we had to keep warm and stand and wait to be called into do our solos, mine went really went and they enjoyed it.
After everybody was seen for their solo, we had to teach everybody a little dance routine in our chosen genre one at a time and they watched and wrote down what they saw. I felt a little uncomfortable doing this to start with and as I went through it got easier.
I feel this day was successful I just have to wait for the outcome. I feel that when I do another audition I really need to practise auditory learning, because when we were asked to change lines I have to listen to what I have to do and this for me without watching and doing was quite hard to pick up and was a challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment