www.flickr.com

Friday 4 February 2011

Task 1B - Professional Communication Technologies

I started reading the course reader and I found myself reading about web 1.0 and 2.0. 
Web 1.0 is where the creator is the only source of information, the only person who can contribute, create and change. 
Web 2.0 is where the creator and the reader can both contribute and interact, which makes the reader 'become the creator' (professional communications course reader) 

My thoughts on Web 1.0 and 2.0 is that it is a huge impact on our Professions and career progressions.
The use of Web 2.0 communicating is an understanding I never knew but I do use in my every day life, not only my dance career. Just going onto facebook on my phone, and checking emails and I was totally unware of what technology I am using. 

In the course reader under 'Remixable and transformations' it says 'Originating in hip-hop and rap music, the notion that materials can be reused and rearranged for a new purpose is central to Web 2.0, where we as users share photos, music, text, ideas and opinions and 'riff off' each other to maintain and nurture dialogues' I have done this myself in the past where using my facebook account, I have used it by changing my photographs, and allowing my boss to be a friend but only able to view my professional photo's and profile. 
Whilst reading other people's blogs I noticed that 'Hayley Bence' has made two seperate accounts 1 of which she uses for social networking and the other for her Professional Career. Ths is something I may consider myself to make sure I can keep my Professional career seperate.

'Harnessing Collective intelligence' from the course reader, In this section I read 'Social space for people, strangers and almost strangers with diverse backgrounds to come together as equals, as generators of ideas, ti deliberate and act collectively' (feenberg & Bakardjieva 2004, p.38) After reading this I now understand more about the use of the Blogs and how its going to help me to develope within this course. As the reader then goes on to say 'Web 2.0 platforms are designed to encourage social interaction, where you link your space with someone else's, where you data can be searched, indexed and positioned to allow you to connect with other people. These basic principles of interactivity evolve as the community evolves, encouraging and supporting collabaration (for examples wikis) and facilitating debate and discussion (for examples blogs).'
 

2 comments:

  1. Its a good example of remix culture in terms of web 2.0, but how else might remix culture as an aesthetic be used to promote or encourage collaboration between artists, or between artists and industry or between artists and their audiences?

    Is there a space for your professional 'you' to ever meet or interact with your personal 'you'?
    food for thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very important point thank you,
    My example relating to me would be that my Utube Video of me dancing is for audiences and they can comment and interact with me about the video the other way I would think about this is if someone composed their own piece of music and I choreographed a dance to this piece or a singer sang to this piece this would make the artists the creator also.

    Yes I do believe there are occassions where my Professional 'you' does interact with my Personal 'you' but I feel this is something that needs to be kept seperate

    ReplyDelete