www.flickr.com

Monday 7 November 2011

More thinking on my Inquiry...

I am currently working on my classes with my reception children at school and my first professional Dance class went well today I will be uploading my session plans to follow shortly and my questionaire and focus groups results will be up soon also. 
I am thinking about lots of things at the moment reading lots of blogs/sigs and talking to people: 

With setting up my new Fun2move (please have a look on my Facebook Page): therefore I have had a lot of things to consider and organise: 
- My Qualifications, were my qualifications enough to open a Dance school? Yes and I have a CDET Registered Dance Instructor Status and Working towards my CDET Approved Dance Instructor. And I have Modern and Tap ISTD to Advance 2 level and RAD Ballet Advance 1 level and ISTD Ballet Intemediate. Also with my National Diploma Level 6 in Proffessional Dance and all my Experience and of course this BA course!
-  My Policies; I have been given policy guidelines and statements which I have used from CDET which I have changed where appropriate and signed and date this was a big task for me due to that I am not used to the background paperwork and business information needed. 
- My marketing; I had 250 leafets printed which I budgeted for and I have exceeded this and I have printed more, lots of printing, and posters, and getting my word out, any ideas of how I could do this even more? 
- Also Registration forms; what is needed for me, medical information, emergency contact details and a declaration signed. 

All this and much much more.. This is a major business for me to start and it has successfully started and my experience with children and dancing has brought this together. 

I am very proud principle of Fun2move. 

I am using this into my iquiry about How we teach differently in a Professional Dance Class and a Educational PE Dance Class? 

I will be putting some questions together over the next few weeks while doing my Reception Classes and will be asking my Bapp peers, class teachers of all age groups and professionals to help with my questions for my Inquiry.

Any comments?  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on setting up your business Laura....is it a franchise? I have heard of quite a few dance teachers setting up their own business in this way over the past few years. It seems a great way of taking control of your professional development, but also requires a lot of new business skills I would imagine. Look forward to hearing your final question ideas...I think it would be great idea to make that comparison between dance for education/exercise and dance for professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats Stephanie.. No its not a franchise its my own business. I have made a wikis page but I am unsure how to invite people to it due to not having email addresses for everyone? any suggestions?.. yes the comparison has been great and I have now gathered my information from the children and I have some questions for bapp peers, professionals and teachers which I will ask everyone to fill out from the next link.
    Thank you stephanie

    ReplyDelete